This is a snapshot of our Media Live room at work, where we track both online and offline media. We were doing a drill down on online influencers who were writing about the Royal Wedding. Guess what – it’s not just about the dress or the kiss. Everyone approaches this media event from their own angle:
– Mommy bloggers are talking about Disney’s approach to the wedding and some criticize the emphasis on the ‘princess’ role for young girls.
– Tech outlets touch upon the technology challenges (bandwidth) around the Royal Wedding. Apps about the big day are also topic of discussion.
– Travel sites are taking bets on where the honeymoon will be.
– Finance sites are weighing the plusses and minuses for the economy: Will it be a boost? Or will it simply be a huge cost center?
– Forbes.com talks about companies that are making charitable donations in the name of the occasion.
– Health outlets note Kate’s noticable weight loss and discuss Briderexia.
Whether you choose to watch it or not, this wedding will be on your screen.